VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have here another finished set of 4 x genuine Rem0tec rims,german made,old skool wheels..not cheap chinesse rubbish..These will be the last set of these i will be selling for a while,dont want them getting too common...T:

(I have a young guy working for me from down the road at the mo,who is just getting into his vw's,he has painted and refurbed these,with a watchful eye from me,the wheels look spot on,but there is a small amount of overspray on 2 of them,from where he never 100% flatted back between last coats,please dont be put off,these would look fine on any spec of van,you would have to be pretty much on your hands and knees to notice anything,plus its only the centres in the lattice effect,does give a nice old skool industrial look though on the plus side...these where not cheap to import,as they are very sought after in germany,so still aint giving them away,and i have not got the time,to flat back and redo......

Now for the fun bit....:D

7j x 16 ET44 all round 5 x 112

Fitted with 4 x 205/55/16 tyres all top named brands..6mm tread on all

Painted dark alloy wheel silver with 4 x genuine centre caps in matt black,4 x lock bolts
Will be supplied with spigots to fit..
There are a few options with these wheels to how you want them to fit...

Option 1 (the best option)
2 x front 10mm hubcentric spacers
2 x rear 20mm hubcentric spacers
20 x longer alloy wheel bolts..
You may need to mod your slider rail with these,but they will fit with anything down to about a 60mm drop,more suited to the rake look this option...but the best..T:
£530 couriered...£500 collected..£100 deposit on these please as i have the spacers made to order,these are not cheap ebay rubbish.

Option 2 (still good)
2 x front 5mm spacers
2 x rear 10mm hubcentric spacers
20 x longer alloy wheel bolts
Pretty much i would say anything down to 85mm and you would be fine on this setup,rears would be taken to a safe et34...
£500 couriered..£470 collected..£100 deposit as above please....

option 3 ( the safe boring option..Rasp:)
Supplied as they are.....
20 x alloy wheel bolts
pretty much any drop would be fine...
£460 couriered..£430 collected..£50 depsoit required

A deposit on these,with a week turn around to make spacers and order in alloy bolts etc...

Will be shipped next day delivery...packed very well and safe

Please feel free to call me with any questions etc,more than happy to help to get the right setup for your van and usage..

Nice set of good quality...german made rims...join the rem0 club...T:

Couple of pics before paint...

Finished product..

cheers simon.07917830378

·
Registered
673 Posts
Re: Rem0tec old skool rims.....

hmm, any pics next to a t4?

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
236 Posts
Kinda interested, but what went on with the centre caps???? They are surely going to be matched to the wheels?

Also, I guess from an earlier set I was interested in, they tyres are all wrong for me, there is no option to get a better setup? For 7s, I would want 215/60 16s, (with a decent load rating) sure they are a little big RR, but very similar RR to the 225/45 18s I currently run.

Cheers :)

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda interested, but what went on with the centre caps???? They are surely going to be matched to the wheels?

Also, I guess from an earlier set I was interested in, they tyres are all wrong for me, there is no option to get a better setup? For 7s, I would want 215/60 16s, (with a decent load rating) sure they are a little big RR, but very similar RR to the 225/45 18s I currently run.

Cheers :)
caps have been done black for something different..you either like or dislike..Rasp:..:D

the tyres are as they are mate...sorry not looking to change them..

i know i will sale these all day long for this money with the tyres fitted...

thanks for the interest..simon.

·
Registered
396 Posts
those dust caps will be gone in seconds... the kids like em too much!!

smart wheels.

if yr interested then buy em, they don't come up often.... T:

get them back to your gaff, spray em yellow, whatever!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
caps have been done black for something different..you either like or dislike..Rasp:..:D

the tyres are as they are mate...sorry not looking to change them..

i know i will sale these all day long for this money with the tyres fitted...

thanks for the interest..simon.
No worries, is it possible to put up pre-re-conditioned wheels? With a menu of finishes? (just like the menu of wheel spacers here) occasionally you have rims I may like, but by the time you have finished they probably appeal to a far smaller market?

I love the look of these wheels before you started, reconditioned to silver with no tyres or a choice of tyre would have been perfect T:

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No worries, is it possible to put up pre-re-conditioned wheels? With a menu of finishes? (just like the menu of wheel spacers here) occasionally you have rims I may like, but by the time you have finished they probably appeal to a far smaller market?

I love the look of these wheels before you started, reconditioned to silver with no tyres or a choice of tyre would have been perfect T:
mate i sale my wheels as they have been finished with tyres etc...sorry if that is no good too you...

i do not do wheels do people spec as i use what tyres etc that i can alot of...

i have no problem selling them when finished...

feel free to pm me with your requirements and i could price them up to your spec,but they will not be the price these are if i have to buy brand new tyres to put on them...

cheers simon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
No Problem T:

I am fussy, been looking for wheels for over a year now ;) maybe one day I will see something that I like :ILU:

Cheers.

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm sure i know the answer to this already??? Are the wheels/tyres van rated? I would want them to go on my T4 Karmann GipsyI:
alloys are from a old skool big merc mate....i run them and have done for about 2 years with no probs...

tyres are only 91w which i also run and have done for over 4 years on steels as well etc..never had a problem myself..

but your decision...:D

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I would have these or similar if they would fit my drop.. Unfortunatly i dont think they ever will :(

Lovely set these T:

Si if you ever get a deep set of 16's which will poke and fit under a 70/80mm drop pm me bud :ILU:

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would have these or similar if they would fit my drop.. Unfortunatly i dont think they ever will :(

Lovely set these T:

Si if you ever get a deep set of 16's which will poke and fit under a 70/80mm drop pm me bud :ILU:
mate these would fit with no spacers...but they would not be staggered..i reckon you could get away with maybe a 5mm on the rear with this set up..

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
mate these would fit with no spacers...but they would not be staggered..i reckon you could get away with maybe a 5mm on the rear with this set up..
Thing is mate then they dont quite look right if you get what i mean, i want wide and low, with idealy a wider rear or at least even with the fronts.. Im tiered of 18's and rubber band tyres :( Might stick my wheels up later and see what i can get..

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thing is mate then they dont quite look right if you get what i mean, i want wide and low, with idealy a wider rear or at least even with the fronts.. Im tiered of 18's and rubber band tyres :( Might stick my wheels up later and see what i can get..
I know what you mean mate....option 1 is the way to go....

then you have some work ahead of you or put a 195/45/16 on a 9j or above and get a stretch..pretty much any drop will fit with set up,but your load rating will go out of the window (and a long way down the road..LOL:)...82/84 weight anyone...I:

i know of one van on here with wide 16's,descent size tyres,with a load rating and very low,no rubbing and a safe setup,still waiting to see this setup,heard lots of people talk the talk,but no pics...I:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts