VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hoping someone can help me identify the wheel for the job? Got a 98 2.5tdi lwb yesterday and Leeds is a great place to lose your motor >.< . Thinking wheel clamp to protect alloys and removable Steering wheel.. I know i read it was possible but can't find the thread now. Doh

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a momo snap off steering wheel...perfect crime provension..
Hi, been looking at wheel clamps but the steering wheel is a must round here. Can't believe you don't see more done. You don't happen to have any advice on which wheel / boss to buy and do i need an adaptor?
I remember reading about adaptors somewhere. Got to be a usefull thread for others so will keep this updated and stick the outcome in the security threads too. Only ever driven bangers that draw no attention but my van sits above all the cars on the street, would be sick if it went and they do round here :eek:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Alarmed, steering lock on and momos in watch list on ebay T:. Searched threads and seems i may need an adaptor of some sort and/or a custom made spacer... Will find out when it doesn't fit.
EDIT - Ok you need a Vw/momo boss from ebay or elsewhere and a momo clip-on connector and an after market steering wheel. I have not gone down the route of fitting my original wheel as its tired and not leather (possibly more complicated too!.). As for cancelling indicator problem and if spacers are needed I will find out when i got this lot.
Fingers are crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts