VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i want to make a unit that i can put in at weekends etc... was thinking of a smev 9222 which has sink ,tap and a burner.. anyway at Busfest today seen some vans with just a sink and tap and the gas burner was in a draw and was a £15 jobby for go ourdoors etc.. which for me would be fine!!. my question is with both ideas what else do i need.. can the tap be hand pumped or does it need an electrical supply etc. over and above the cost of the smev 9222 or single sink and tap are all the little bits not including the unit quite expensive. Finally can any recommend websites to look for a sink and tap combo or smev 9222 please!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
ok so i want to make a unit that i can put in at weekends etc... was thinking of a smev 9222 which has sink ,tap and a burner.. anyway at Busfest today seen some vans with just a sink and tap and the gas burner was in a draw and was a £15 jobby for go ourdoors etc.. which for me would be fine!!. my question is with both ideas what else do i need.. can the tap be hand pumped or does it need an electrical supply etc. over and above the cost of the smev 9222 or single sink and tap are all the little bits not including the unit quite expensive. Finally can any recommend websites to look for a sink and tap combo or smev 9222 please!!!!
Try looking at Evolution Campers web site (or give Chris a call).. he was doing a pull-out rear drawer unit (removable) or some separate 'Pod' ideas... I think he's poss at a show soon .. 'Blackpool'..?? so he might be displaying it there. I am sure he has done a thread on it here somewhere.

Hope this helps..

1,094 Posts
Try looking at Evolution Campers web site (or give Chris a call).. he was doing a pull-out rear drawer unit (removable) or some separate 'Pod' ideas... I think he's poss at a show soon .. 'Blackpool'..?? so he might be displaying it there. I am sure he has done a thread on it here somewhere.

Hope this helps..
thanks julian

1,094 Posts
Is that one of yours too? Do you do them for the T5?
The pod shown is in a t5, but they can be built for t4's too, we have quite a few variations in the range, the rear pullout cooker pod will also fit in the rear of a t5 these can be used with a volkswares rnr bed or a vw caravelle seat arrangement. The t4 with the rear unit can be seen at blackpool breeze as my customer rang me tonight to say they are going and the van is available for my trade stand so come over and take a look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Watch this space ! I've been to van fest and looked at a lot of interiors and only 2 out of about 30 stood out and were first class , I'm in the design stages of maybe 3/4 different choices of bespoke interiors for t5s , removable and fitted in many finishes and colours.
There not going to be pinned together pieces of chipboard but quality hand built interiors . Should be ready for jan 2013 and up on my website ,

Van fest was a good day out and some very nice t5s in show and shine .... Kerbside kustoms and dirty weekender .... Cool ridesA::ILU:A:A:A:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts