VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seen a few pics of dash peices painted it looks much better than the sticker kits you can get, but how easy are they to remove?
and any advice? looking to do the center part which srounds the stero and got heater dials in also strip under glove box and under light dial. Any help please?:*

·
Registered
53 Posts
Under glove box strip and light rail are easy, just a torx headed screw under the end panel and they clip out.

Not done the centre panel, sorry.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Thanks will have a good look the weekend
Arm yourself with a torx 25, a 20 and a star 10 and you can strip and rebuild your T5 - be systematic and don't force anything as you'll find that sometimes the bit you want out is trapped by another panel that's trapped by another......once you've got it all apart and finished swearing - you'll think - that was well put together

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
many thanks for advice, had a deliver from mega van matts :D today so dash will have to wait for a while

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i unscrewed the pannel under dash and no joy i can see clips above but nothing budging light stopped me tonight tomrrow is another story! am i doing it wrong ?

·
previously known as passattdi
1,173 Posts
Take the oval end panel off of the dash by the drivers door, remove the screw there, remove the trim panel around the light switch and just keep undoing torx screws as you find them. You'll need to remove the flat panel above the pedals and the the whole trim around the gearstick comes out, it's pretty easy to figure out eventually and you might learn some new swear words.

If you're like me you'll find loads missing and end up visiting TPS for more screws and fixings.

Good luck.

Alex

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
many thanks
got panel around pedels off will try again tomorrow after work.
got to have more luck than the nal did tonight :confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yippy all dash parts off now and ready to be sprayed x x x
thanks for all advice
to get pannel under glove box off un pop side pannel and undo one screw the it just pops off same one drivers side fro small pannel under light switch.
for center pannel around air vents take tray dish on top of dash off, just pops out with a little help there are two srews to undo the pops off. i did take stereo out not sure if you can do it without have to do this.
will post some pics once all done hope this helps some people as other have helped me.
many thanks too all:ILU:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you got it, but why can't you type it in?

hopefull get all van put back toghter the weekend and post a pic of the dash coloured

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
will try and post pics tomorrow, van dash is all back together now. i love it relly happy with it. lets just hope it withstands my 2 1/2 year old. hope full get the roof back on tomorrow too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi. Thankyou for that. I look forward to seeing your handy work. Wondering though,
what preparation you did to the cards. Also what spray you used/was it from a can or
Did a spray shop do it for you? Any plans for the dashboard ? I fancy doing the lot in
The coming months.
Ian

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the dash is what has been sprayed,but only parts, i used plasti-cote, primer plastic then satin super colour, washed all parts then a rub with some wet and dry. gave 3 coats of primer them 6 or so of the colour. will try and post some pics later .
trying to get roof back on and lino down todat then van finished until rock and roll bed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts