VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've just purchased two captains chairs for my 08 t5. Firstly how do you remove the bench seat and secondly I'm assuming I need to purchase a single base for the passenger side? Will a new base fit directly on the existing bolts?? Or will there be drilling etc involved?. Sorry if this question has been asked ( I'm sure it has) but I'm new to this site and this is my 1st conversion so please be gentle

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi yes firstly you will need a base for the single seat, the double is held down by eight bolts simply undo these and lift the seat out you will then need to remove 4 of the eight studs from the floor, obviously the four that the single seat base don't fit on. then simply bolt down the new single seat, I am doing mine tomorrow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the quick reply, can you point me in the direction of a single seat base or is it just an ebay search. I understand also that I'll need to modify the handbrake after fitting the drivers seat chair, any info is most greatful

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.