VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i am going to put my bumpers in for colour coding sometime next week and need to remove them from the van myself. just woundering how do you take them off (where are the bolts etc) just for a heads up before i do it.

cheers

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
On the front bumper there are some screws behind the plastic inner arch (2 each side i think) four bolts behind the two upper trims that you need to pop off to get to them and some screws underneath fixing it to the inner arch, then remove the grill and under the bonnet there are some screws going from the slam panel into the top of the bumper near where the grill would sit. The rear has some again behind the inner arches and under the rear lights theres some trims that need to be removed and there is some there and again underneath, i think you need to drop the spare wheel down. Its been a while since i did mine so i might of missed someT: Hope that kind of helps.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
There is a link somewhere that takes to the brick yard and it's all there with pictures but sorry can't find it at mo.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Have to say when I took the front off it was a total mission. Perhaps a case of wrong tools for the job or being daft when trying to access some tricky nuts to undo. The rear was a piece of cake in comparison..

·
Registered
75 Posts
yesterday i swapped my bumpers over to the caravelle style from the panel van style, we didn't find it too much of a problem but when i went to replace the black grill above the bumper i noticed that the clips didn't fit the caravelle bumper, is this normal? they were spaced incorrectly, does this mean i have to buy the caravelle grill with 6 slats? also my 8 slat grill leaves a small gap either side.

the panel van grill does fit now, we removed the plastic clips on the bottom of it, not ideal as it isn't fixed correctly not that it's gonna move

any ideas?:*

:)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
yesterday i swapped my bumpers over to the caravelle style from the panel van style, we didn't find it too much of a problem but when i went to replace the black grill above the bumper i noticed that the clips didn't fit the caravelle bumper, is this normal? they were spaced incorrectly, does this mean i have to buy the caravelle grill with 6 slats? also my 8 slat grill leaves a small gap either side.

the panel van grill does fit now, we removed the plastic clips on the bottom of it, not ideal as it isn't fixed correctly not that it's gonna move

any ideas?:*

:)
Yes they are different, my brother has just done exactly the same thing on his T5 T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts