VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove the chrome trim under the bumper DRL's so I can paint and refit. I take it they are just stuck on and have to be pried off carefully using some heat to soften the adhesive.

Anyone done this previously who can share any tips?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I've just done mine. They are 3m taped on so I just ran a sharp knife down the back and cleaned up when they were removed

Sprayed the chrome trim and refitted with 3m tape. Worked a treat and well happy with the results

Will try and add a photo when I work out how to do it

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi I've just done mine. They are 3m taped on so I just ran a sharp knife down the back and cleaned up when they were removed

Sprayed the chrome trim and refitted with 3m tape. Worked a treat and well happy with the results

Will try and add a photo when I work out how to do it
Hi Kev, yeah they came off real easy with a trim tool. What did you use to paint them, I have used a plastic primer, followed by a red primer, next I'm going to paint red then finish with a Matt lacquer.

Also what did you use to reattach them, I have some 3M auto tape but it might be a bit thick. I'll prob need to get some thinner stuff.

Looks sweet by the way!

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used a plastic primer to get a base then used an acrylic spray from hobbycraft

Used a thin 3m tape from eBay. Was thinking of glueing it to the drl but thought if it needs redoing in the future I can just take it off again

Thanks for the pic Glenn. Will get a lesson off you on how to do it ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts