VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of the screws that hold my current ply floor down have either lost their head completely, or the philips head has rounded off.
I need to pull up the old floor to put a new one down.

I know this is more a general DIY question but wondered if anyone had any tips on getting the stubborn blighters up?

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
drill the heads off then when the floor is up undo the screws with a good pair of pliers or mole grips

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
So many ways

Grind it and add a flat bladed screw driver slot as said here and I had to do that when I took the barn doors off last week a few times.

Mole grip rarely work but we all live in hope just that one time they work

as much as it's rounded out the possi drive, line up a screw driver ( possi ) where you think it was and hammer it in.. hard!! then you should make enough of a grip to unscrew it I had to do this alot with the stupid bolts on the barn doors..

if it's a spline one then round it out to clear some of the metal.. then get the next size up and beat it in the bolt and then undo it.. again had to do alot of this with the barn doors they were a propper pig to undo!!

lastly drill it or grind off the top then get a pipe grip to remove the remaining thread once the board is removed

lastly + 1 get some one else to do it I:

·
Registered
571 Posts
wow! Is there a story with that picture Flyer??!!
I was after some pics and advice when cutting out my windows, I asked on here and on another website, and somebody posted this saying this is how his was done, :eek: I gave it some thoughtLOL: but decided on the jig saw method :ILU:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts