VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was an aerial fitted to the roof(over the cab) since I bought the van. Anything i should know regarding removal of the cab roof lining to get at it? I don't want to destroy it like I did the rest of the lining(Chezzy71 will understand what I mean)
Without welding a patch over the hole, anyone have any ideas how to deal with it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
You might get away with not removing the headlinig, i can reach mine by just popping out the interior light. If you need to remove the lining though, then remove the sun visors then the grab handles above the door. The screws for these live under small flaps. Then remove the small piece of plastic at the back of the A pillar trim. This should be one screw then slide it to the rear of the van. Then finnaly remove the A pillar trim by gently pulling back and out.

As for what do do with the resultant hole in the van roof I dont know, but I'd be intrested to find out others views on this.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have a shark fin aerial and the signal for my radio is pants-thinking of taking mine out and replacing original!!

I would say remove headlining as explained-remove shark fin -using a small flat piece of alloy or thin metal-sika flex the bugger T:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks boys. I'll let you know how I get on! probably be a couple of weeks before I get the chance to have a go at it!:eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Van's good.Not been camping but been out and about. Battery was flat but ok after charging. Going to start her up again next weekend to check the battery. I'll probably remove the aerial then. Just have to sort the hole out! I need to fit the bottom roller guide to the sliding door. Going to put windows in the back doors. Going to ruin our fairies so we'll have to get some more + extras for the side of the van, it looks a bit like a flowery go faster stripe at the mo. Needs more flowers!!! Ordered tickets for camper jam, Are you going? Not seen anything on the forum yet. I'm sure someone will be making a list sooner or later.
Looking forward to Scotland in May. 500 miles+ to our final destination!!
You got anything planned?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts