VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one help me please..
how do you get the metal pannel of the side of the van that covers the middle side door rollers. VW T5 LWB.
I can see a screw in the door way. but the side panel is being held to the van with something else I don't want to damage it with pulling or leavening it off. Has any one got the procedure. Or a video. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can some one help me .... Please. I don't beleve that out of all the hundreds of members in the group that someone must know how to get the out side panel behind the sliding door off the T5. :*:*:*:*:*

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
I'd like to remove mine too as I want to see if it's possible to silent coat the back of it .

Sound REAL tinny!

I think there is plastic clips that I saw when I sound deadend the rear quarter but like you would appreciate some to confirm before I go breaking stuff .:D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks SJSR
I can see where the clips are now big thanks. I take it you put the tape on the holes or do the clips fit into the sliding rail holes.
Just hope the panel doesn't bend when prying off. Lol thanks again

·
Registered
485 Posts
Take out the screw and then gently pull the panel off. When I did it I damaged the clips (but not the panel).
I then put it back on, using the original clips, and of course it wouldn't go. So I forced it. And bent the panel. I would recommend getting new clips.
R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts