VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok not expecting many answers on this one.

Have just physically unplugged and removed from dash an electronic tachograph (siemens vdo).
now i just unplugged the 2 iso connectors from back of unit, these are wired deep into the loom and look like factory fit, not the usual scotchblock fitting rubbish.

Now the speedo does not work and the fuel gauge gently bounces around the gauge and sounds the low fuel light and beeper.

Any ideas before i rip into the loom.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have spoken to the dealer on this.

Not an easy job if they knew how to do it, i got the impression that they did not know what to do.

they did echo my thoughts that this was built into the loom when the van was new.

I may just leave the unit plugged in but hide in the space behind the glovebox.

will have another look at the wire colours and see if i can bypass it somehow, also need to get my head around canbus and how it works with devices connected

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Hi matey, has yours got an ecu (turbo) If so you maybe able to disable the tacho with VAGCOM. Not sure but i'm sure a few of the more experianced guy's on here will know. Jsut a thought

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I realise this is about a year on but I have pulled out the electronic tacho with the same results. Can't find VAGCOM code to turn it off? Any help? Theres a couple posts about this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I realise this is about a year on (yet again!).
Did you have any luck? If so, what did you do to get over the problem?

·
Registered
264 Posts
hi i know this is a old thread but i need a tacho for my t5 anybody still got one
and you speedo problems are because the speed pulse wire goes from you gear box to the tacho and then out of the unit to your speedo so because you have unpugged it all the pulse is not getting to the clocks there is normaly a blue wire that does this all you need to do is re conect them together and put a sometimes put a new speed sensor into the gear box

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem with me. Any ideas how to remove the bloody thing? Just bought a nice new stereo with gps and now I can't install it :(. :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts