VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can anybody advise the best way of removing the trim on the B pillar ?. It looks like it is in two pieces (upper & lower) with the seat belts fastening through it. It's probably one of those "easy when you know how" sort of jobs, but I don't want to snap anything by pulling / prizing in the wrong direction. Is there enough room for it to come off with the seats in situ ?. I just wanna carpet the rear , but it doesnt look like there's enough movement in the trim to push the carpet under without removal.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
248 Posts
A decent trim removal tool makes it a lot easier but any wide bladed screwdriver will probably do - just slide it under trim where the top and bottom parts fit and starting with the top half gently prise it away from the B pillar. They are fitted on large Christmas Tree clips so do a bit at a time and them move up and release the next one a bit and so on.

I think you can trim behind the drivers door fairly easily without the trim being removed completely but it has been a while since I did mine so don't quote me on that one. ;) Also I seem to remember the passenger side is more difficult if you have the double seat fitted as it sits closer to the B pillar than a single would.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Your also going to need a 10mm spline socket (+ ratchet) to remove the top seat belt fixing, otherwise the top half of the pillar isn't going anywhere.I:

To access the 10mm spline bolt you flip up (or is it down) the plastic trim that covers the seat belt top mounting point.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Your also going to need a 10mm spline socket (+ ratchet) to remove the top seat belt fixing, otherwise the top half of the pillar isn't going anywhere.I:

To access the 10mm spline bolt you flip up (or is it down) the plastic trim that covers the seat belt top mounting point.
Ah I had forgotten about that part - you are indeed correct. It flips up BTW - I can remember that bit at least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts