VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed there was some minor conflict recently from some people involved in the development of the 2.5TDi PP. I was wondering what you guys thought of a name change for the Td tuned engines to something like 1.9 GTD so the two dont get confused. This is just a suggestion but i think with the hard work and development of the 1.9td motor we need our own name now! It would be interesting to hear your name ideas and thoughts in general.

Discuss T:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good idea, i must admit is was going to get a GTD badge once i had fitted the GTD boost pin to the pump. Just waiting to find a suitable radiator for my charge cooler before i fit the new boost pin. But i think the GTD should be for vans with a AAZ pump or similar!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Nah keep it the same, funny seeing people get so wound up by something so trivialLOL:

Its says 1.9 PP, pretty obvious its 1.9 tuning and not 2.5

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Your probably right people dont like change and PP is well recognised on here now. I think i will start a little Elite club for those with GTD spec 1.9td's with the AAZ pumps fitted just because they are superb. Mine goes like stink even from low revs in high gears!!!

Who's up for club GTD then? I take it your in t4kite?

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where can i find out about ur conversation , ru u talking about a 1.9 td engine and upping its power ?
Yep thats it mate. Search 1.9 Project Power for details, the pump change i have done has not been written about much but try searching AAZ pump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts