VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

The bad weather is making it very difficult got the the van rubbed down, filled, sanded, sprayed in primer, rubbed down, sprayed in primer, sanded....... you get the point.

Basically i need to get on with the body work but it doesnt fit in my dads garage.

I wondered if you could rent a workshop for the day?

A full day in a large indoor space would mean we can really crack on with it and get most of the van in primer.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
298 Posts
got any freindly farmers local, or a garage you use a lot might do you a favour?

Failing that, how about getting a big gazeebo/marquee type thing?

·
Registered
756 Posts
don't take it out in the rain in primer bud it's porous put some top coat on anything will do you can rub it down for the finish coat when you're ready,all your hard work will go down the toilet....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Cheers for the concern mate but top coat is gunna be matte anyway LOL:
all the same, if your primer soaks up some water you wont notice it until the summer and youll have whats know as water pop and the only wat to get rid is take it back past your primer usually to the metal.

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your all ways welcome at mine nik just let me know
Cheers for the offer dave. Wouldnt want to fill your garage with the van though. You need the room for the trekker and polo etc.

Its been half in primer all winter LOL: water pop here we come. Sounds interesting. What happens?

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread nick

My van is White and I'm going Matt black and green, do I need to prime the whole thing, or just sort the rusty bits out and what sort of primer would I need? Cheers fellasT:

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hijack your thread nick

My van is White and I'm going Matt black and green, do I need to prime the whole thing, or just sort the rusty bits out and what sort of primer would I need? Cheers fellasT:
I wouldnt take my advice mate, ive been running in primer in the rain and am apparently going to get water pop LOL:

What i can tell you is, that from what ive read, the satin stuff is pretty thick and sounds like it'll go over owt. most people who go matte/satin go straight over their existing paint

1 - 13 of 13 Posts