VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Mine was bust when i got it and looked like it had been repaired more than once.... I've put up with it for a couple of years, but bought a new door from VW for about 30 quid. It's a poor design!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I too got a new lid to fix this, but at the time I needed it fixed in a hurry....

I thought about drilling a small hole or two in either part (the lid and the post where it had snapped off) so that I could glue in a short bit of wire (was going to use abit of coat hanger) and then plastic weld or glue the two parts together. the wire would give the hinge some more strength.

like I say, I never quite got round to it and the lid is still in the shed.....

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Matt,

I've been thinking about this, why not try a soldering iron on it to plastic weld it? If the glue doesn't hod it might be worth a try. If not I'm going to a scrappy this week and I'll see if he's got one cheap.T:

43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's ok, I was taught to multi task in my first job. Me and an office of women, I learnt quickly how to do some work, make a cup of tea and drown out the noise!!!!!! If you see one at the scrappy that would be great.

Stop showing off that you've finished for the day....Or are you on the bus?? !!!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
It's ok, I was taught to multi task in my first job. Me and an office of women, I learnt quickly how to do some work, make a cup of tea and drown out the noise!!!!!! If you see one at the scrappy that would be great.

Stop showing off that you've finished for the day....Or are you on the bus?? !!!!
Oh I haven't finished for the day, I'm between investigations, I:. I shall be betting on the bus later. For that comment you can find your onw lid. T:LOL:H:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I think there's one in the blue T4 in the yard at the van scrappy in Witney T:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I think there's one in the blue T4 in the yard at the van scrappy in Witney T:
I think that is where Gordy and I are off Thursday for a gander, I will let you know, cheers Emmett. I need a pedal and some other bits for my conversion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts