VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fitting a reversing camera, one of the ones that replaces one of the number plate lights.

I decided to 'remove' the trim..I thought it was just clipped on like a lot of other trim parts but I think i've broken it on one side, (other side is still fixed properly)

It is still OKish, but isn't totally fixed in place.

Has anybody had this problem - and if so can you recommend a fix?

I think some sort of glue or sealant will probably do the job of bonding it back to the tailgate body itself. If this is the case will just a silicone sealant do the job if I carefully keep it all away from view?!

Cheers

·
Previously; Trikemania
351 Posts
I am thinking re-fixing mine with number plate fixing tape,
can be removed and it makes the top edge waterproof,
Good:confused::confused: move or not?

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Mine got broke when I had a new tailgate fitted, as the comment above there is 4 studs that go through the tailgate but the problem is the sticky foam that is on the back to keep the water out. It's usually stuck well and out of the 4 mounted studs in mine 2 broke.
As mine was being colour coded and U didn't want it falling off in the future I got a new unit from TPS.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yep..its broke!!

took mine off to fit reversing camera as well to find that the two outer fixings had been broken previously and glued in with tiger seal lol i just used d/s trim tape to secure/seal for now ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts