VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
I have got a 2000(x) T4 with a gas guzling 2000 petrol engine. I'm thinking of changing the engine for diesel, is this possible?
Can a 1.9 TDi from a T4 fit directly and can i use the existing gear box? OR
Does the 2.5 TDi fit? or
Can you fit an engine 1.9 TDi from a T5
I'll be happy if anyone has any answers for me
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why bother wasting time converting to diesel ? Get an lpg conversion and you will start recouping your money straight away . Also get a good service on your motor , lots of people moaning about their heavy fuel consumption then fit new sensors and away they go , one lady on here just posted getting nearly 35mpg from hers !!

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
A he said^^^^^ Lpg it much easier than changing engines drive shafts, gear box, clutch flywheel, wiring looms etc it wouldnt be an easy ride changing to diesel from petrol

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had an LPG system in my 2001 t4 for 112,000miles and 6 years. It was full most of the time with 500-1000kg loads and gave me always between 17-22mpg and HGV performance. It was first with me back in the day of 35p a litre LPG. It worked out ok for a while but its not really worth it now with the price of LPG, I'd have rather fitted a Golf GTI 8 or 16v mk3 engine and had fun while it was drinking my fuel.
My current 2.5 TDI is a world better than the old 2.0 AAC van. Hmmm.... not sure what to suggest you do mate, sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts