VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm thinking of replacing the std bulbs in interior lights with led "bulbs" in the believe that leds will drain battery less when parked up. Is this correct and if so can anyone advise which ones (size/specs and/or supplier)?
I have no leisure battery.
Thanks all
Andrew
03 2.5 888spl X White

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have already done this - you just need to replace the interior bulbs with matching LED ones
I went for the Blue LEDs
Looks good

Try ebay item no 220571247786 but make sure you get the correct size ( or simply search ebay for "LED INTERIOR FESTOON LED BULB")

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have just done this

I used festoon 16 SMD LED bulbs

Now the original ones are roughly 41mm but I replaced them with 39mm bulbs which do fit

All I will say is that even tho mine have 16 LEDs I was a little disappointed with the result, I was expecting the whole cap to be lit up bright white but remember LEDs only shine downwards and dont reflect the light all round so its not that brighter just a different type of light

·
Registered
74 Posts
I recently purchased LED plaques from halfords, they do two sizes the larger one fitted into my cab area and the smaller in the back, they are fantastic bright and white
They also come with various methods of connection including a spring loaded festoon connector which just fits in the original bulb area...
Because they are set out in a square or rectangle the nearly fill the lamp area

·
Registered
399 Posts
I dont know how to put a link on here so search this. interior light led bulb replace ment

you will see my led dome lights

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts