VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there VW community,

I wonder if you could offer me some advice on my 2004 T5 2.5 TDI 96Kw engine.

This is a photo of my engine...

Notice that the vent hose into the cylinder head has been secured on with sealant. Photo below.

When I look at engine diagrams, it seems as though there should be a pressure-relief valve going into the cylinder head, but I am no expert and can't be sure.

Here is the diagram I am looking at.

I want to fix this up to make sure I avoid any critical problems down the line.

Can you offer me some advice please? Cheers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've gone ahead and ordered a new pressure-relief valve and the connecting hose because I couldn't find a single picture of this model's engine bay that didn't have one. Hoping it's an easy pull off and stick in job. Just need to remove and clean up all of this sealant first... fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the parts arrived today.

I removed the existing mess. Looks like my suspicions were correct and it seems like the previous pressure-relief valve had snapped and they had decided to bypass the valve.

It was an easy job to remove it, but I was very careful to clean the sealant off while blocking the whole with a rag so that sealant bits didn't fall into the rocker.

Here is the final result...

Everything fits pretty well except the seal. I think that is because there is meant to be a plastic rocker cover on these rockers. Here you can see how it protrudes. The seal only sits about half a centimetre.

I've added a touch of sealant around it to secure it a bit better. Hoping it stays in!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happy to report back that I just took her for a trip that saw her drive around 400km in total and all seems well :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts