VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting to receive 2 new external cab window scrapers which I've ordered to replace the badly perished ones on my 2005 T5.

Does anyone have any idea how I go about replacing them?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just thought I'd update this to save anyone else having to look like a muppet asking such a simple question in the future!

Replacing the external cab window seals/scrapers is of course a complete doddle:
  • I removed the bottom mirror screw, then loosened the other 2 right off
  • Starting at the back of the seal, start pulling it off, lifting the mirror to remove the portion of scraper under the mirror
  • Clean up the manky paintwork you've revealed with a damp sponge
  • Fit the new scraper starting at the back and working forwards, pushing it down and towards the window as you go, lift the mirror to fit the portion of scraper that goes underneath
  • Tighten the mirror screws back up

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just thought I'd update this to save anyone else having to look like a muppet asking such a simple question in the future!

Replacing the external cab window seals/scrapers is of course a complete doddle:
  • I removed the bottom mirror screw, then loosened the other 2 right off
  • Starting at the back of the seal, start pulling it off, lifting the mirror to remove the portion of scraper under the mirror
  • Clean up the manky paintwork you've revealed with a damp sponge
  • Fit the new scraper starting at the back and working forwards, pushing it down and towards the window as you go, lift the mirror to fit the portion of scraper that goes underneath
  • Tighten the mirror screws back up
Where did you buy them from?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts