VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need a new front bumper, how easy is it to remove and fit a new one?

Are non genuine ones good quality?

How do I remove it, do I need to get underneath or is it done from the engine bay?

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Front bumper is a 25 min job. A few bolts and nuts. You might need to remove the tray under the car. A friend is handy when putting the bumper on again.

·
Registered
379 Posts
That diagram is for the caravelle bumper, the commercial one you also need to remove the centre grill, there are two bolts behind that too.

25 mins is a bit optimistic if you haven't done it before, the 2 10mm bolts in the arch liner take ages as access is limited.

I would allow an hour - hour and a half if you haven't done it before. I took mine off last weekend to change the headlights, I wasn't particularly rushing but it took me 2 hours.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
you maybe lucky if its been off before as mine only had 2 number 8s , no 9s and only 2 3s lol
j

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the caravelle bumper fit the transporter commercial? Has anyone bought a non genuine front bumper - do you think they are ok? I can't get a primed one so I'm going to get them colour coded after.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
yes they fit as its a common swap , but you need different grill as well
j

·
Registered
260 Posts
25 mins is a bit optimistic if you haven't done it before, the 2 10mm bolts in the arch liner take ages as access is limited.

I would allow an hour - hour and a half if you haven't done it before. I took mine off last weekend to change the headlights, I wasn't particularly rushing but it took me 2 hours.
I have pulled the bumper off a few times now... I use powertools, and have the correct tools for the job.

The caravelle bumper is pretty easy work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts