VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Should I be told the wishbone needs to be replaced as well as the bush? I've paid out on a wishbone when it seems to me it's just the bush that is very worn. Am I being conned?:confused:
I've just had another look at the reason on the refusal sheet and it quotes suspension arm has excessive play in a pin/bush

So that means the bush not the wishbone itself isn't the problem.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have just stumped up for the proflex poly ones, came in at £113 as opposed to the bush set from TPS that was £85 so not a huge difference for some piece of mind...

·
Registered
489 Posts
I need to do mine along with my drop link, the long bolt that goes through the drop link, lower arm and the shock wont come out, shud it just knock out after taking the nut off or is the lower arm threaded

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I need to do mine along with my drop link, the long bolt that goes through the drop link, lower arm and the shock wont come out, shud it just knock out after taking the nut off or is the lower arm threaded
Use a second jack to lift the lower arm up to take the tension off the ARB drop-link ( I have a small bottle jack for help like this ). The bolt should pull out, may need a bit a persuasion with a hammer, keep the nut on the end to protect te thread from the hammer. Be careful with the bolt, as a new one is over £10 to replace.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Its been nearly 2 years since i changed my front shocks and have totally forgot how they come out, i tryed alsorts today but no luck, dont supose you know the part number for the big bolt just incase i carnt get it out and have to resort to brutal methods

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just a note in case anyone else comes accross the same issue as I have.

I have a late T4 2001, have removed the wishbones and discovered one the front bush is out that there is a sleeve inside the housing on the wishbone still in place, having tried and tried to push the bush in it just wont go.

Have called Powerflex this morning and discoved that the housing should be 40mm id, it is not this sleve needs to be removed before the bush can go in.

There is a sleeve detailed on the back housing but not as far as I am aware on the front.

Hope this is of some use to someone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, I've just ordered a NSF lower ball joint and lower wishbone (front) bush but can't get hold of the rear bush for the NSF lower wishbone.. can anyone help!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Picked up the nut and bolt that holds the drop link and shock to the lower arm £7.26 inc vat, was talking to the delinquent at the desk about the trouble i was having getting the bolt out and was told not to heat it up as its made of alloy:confused:, i started thinking 2 tonne van alloy bolts :eek: but a fridge magnet says its steel, were do some companys find these people

·
Registered
76 Posts
VW heritage I think has them
As do eurocarparts, I have just picked some up
part number 610440795 @£6.79 each

Picked up the nut and bolt that holds the drop link and shock to the lower arm £7.26 inc vat, was talking to the delinquent at the desk about the trouble i was having getting the bolt out and was told not to heat it up as its made of alloy:confused:, i started thinking 2 tonne van alloy bolts :eek: but a fridge magnet says its steel, were do some companys find these people
Steel is an Alloy! and heating/freezing it will destroy any previous heat treatment (tempering) its had
I think you are maybe thinking of "aluminium" bud

21 - 34 of 34 Posts