VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi searched forum I am about to attempt replacing the metal coolant pipe on a 2009 1.9 it looks a pig if a job is it achievable on driveway? and if anyone has done there's can you give any advice as to what needs removing to gain access because it looks to me you need to remove all front end it's hidden that well any help would be appreciated ?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Rasp:It's a pig I put the van on some low ramps and had a plastic step as you need to get on top and underneath you need to remove oil filter housing 4x11mm 12 point bolts I think +the bolt that holds dipstick all the hoses attached to it (obviously) a plastic clip goes on theat threaded stud with loom wires and the turbo oil feed pipe there's a bolt on the back of the head to think it was a hex key Alan type mines an AXB I removed the header tank and the top intercooler hose your going to need a new gasket for the oil filter housing and new coolant and oil ! After you have done it check /nip up the oil feed pipe at the turbo as it will probably slacken in the process if your neighbours are within ear shot of your drive apologize in advance for your language! Good luck bud hope it goes ok

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that it's a big help it confirms what I thought a pig lol thought ya would need to remove rad and intercooler so this is a big help thanks?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
it is a bitch of a job; my mechanic replaced the turbo oil feed pipe as well (mines an AXB) - i didnt fancy taking chances as the turbo end joint was seized and it twisted during removal

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes im debating whether to bite bullet and pay for someone else to do it i like doing most jobs myself my engine code is BRS so dont know if this make a difference..

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
:DProbably only difference is what's in the way as egr and intercooler hose are in different places but I did say to wife if that pipe ever goes again someone else is replacing it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi is the end on the metal pipe on the left just a push fit it comes with a supplied prong just not sure before I decide to pull it out?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doing it Monday got a day off work so gona attempt it keep looking at it and it dunt fill me with joy lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Appreciate this is a long time ago but ive just had a go at replacing this pipe.
What a ball ache..so you can imagine how annoyed I am only to find its leaking from where it press fits into the engine.
Any suggestions what could be causing it and how to fix it?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Some pipes come with the rubber o ring on some dont
Did you check the seal was fitted?
Or it is possible You may have damaged it pushing in ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts