VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Im looking to replace the side windows on my T4 van but can't decide whether to have a go myself or not. Has anybody done this themselves and is it straightforward?

See the pics to give you an idea of what I'm taking out. looking for some advice.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,007 Posts
Hi

Im looking to replace the side windows on my T4 van but can't decide whether to have a go myself or not. Has anybody done this themselves and is it straightforward?

See the pics to give you an idea of what I'm taking out. looking for some advice.

can't see any pics.
But anyway .... lots of people have done it themselves It is fairly straightforward.

BUT ... most seem to employ a professional for this job because it you say try and screw up when making a ply panel for the interior, you can just get another piece of ply and start again.
if you screw up cutting a very large hole in the side of your van, the potential problem is a lot lot bigger (and the pros don't always get it right either - all the holes in my T4 were cut too large and the windows leaked - I replaced all the old windows with larger bonded windows to fix)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts