VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the time has come to start thinking about my respray..... This is where i start to get nervous and need help/advice from you lovely people on the forum.

So ive been quoted by two guys, the first is Paintology in Nottingham, and he has quted me between 2500-2750 for a full respray.
The second is by "the Guy" who works next to Tidy Transporters in Leicester. Again same quote. Am i being stupid spending this much money on my van? its not like i want it to be a show winner, but i do want it to look to sooooooooooooo sharp and clean, i also use my van as a daily driver, throw surfboards in and out of the back, and on top of her as well.. i really dont know what to do.. ive never scrimped when its comes to my vans, they always have the best even if it brakes my bank, which it normally does. anyway, i guess what i would like to know is what should i be getting for that sort of money, is there really a big difference in a 1500 job to a 2.5-3k job. and where should i get it done, if im paying that sort of money i literally would take her anywhere in the country. So anybody who has had there vehicle sprayed and has some great advice, i would love for you to share it; I know there are many posts on this subject, ive read them all a thousand times, and im still confused. Thanks A:T::)

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
good luck mate,,, im so glad to not be in your position, ive often thought about what i would do if a full respay was ever on the cards and it would be so hard for me to leave the van with just anyone, your defo doing the right thing though and getting some recomendations...

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi just had my van repaired had tailgate sprayd sliding door passenger door and three panels and the channels on the roof back down tothe panels and it looks great the guy was so helpful and it only cost me £850 the van look new mouny well spent C.A.R.S. of aberystwyth if i can help give me shout T:

·
Registered
74 Posts
alot of a sprayers work is preperation which is why I've be-friended a really good sprayer who is letting me do most of the prep work. He's keeping me right then he'll mask/spray and I flat and polish under his watchful eye ;) = £500
just an idea if you want to keep costs downT:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi T4_Waveslider ,
mines in for a full respray at the moment here's how she started ....

And this was her on monday ready for white basecoat ( which is going on today)....

I'd been told of this guy from a friend so went and saw a T4 he had just finished and was very impressed. Total cost for a full respray was £1700 T:
The guy has just bought himself a T4 after spaying 4 since January seems he got the T4 bug :)
Fingers crossed I should have her back by next monday so I'll post up some pics then.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I paid £1500 for mine, with the shuts painted. I did no prep or finishing at all, no time. I'm not 100% with it, have some issues, but still get compliments on it. If I was building a show van, I'd not be happy, but it's a daily. I didn't have the money to spend more (I didn't really have the 1500 to be fair). I would pay more for a top show winning job, no doubt, if I had the necessary funds.
If you've seen their work, like it and are happy with the extent of the planned work, go for it - these vans are for life!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ive not long had our van sprayed in diamond white. Both sides and rear doors. Cost - £350. Granted its a guy who has done lots of work for me in the past and it's not perfect. It had to e painted twice as it was full of silicon spots first time but it depends how fussy you are. I am pretty fussy but am still pleased with it as it was a mess before. He's done a perfect job of removing all the little dents and that alone is worth the £350. I just need to do a small amount of tidying now to make it all right.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi T4_Waveslider ,
mines in for a full respray at the moment here's how she started ....

And this was her on monday ready for white basecoat ( which is going on today)....

I'd been told of this guy from a friend so went and saw a T4 he had just finished and was very impressed. Total cost for a full respray was £1700 T:
The guy has just bought himself a T4 after spaying 4 since January seems he got the T4 bug :)
Fingers crossed I should have her back by next monday so I'll post up some pics then.

Hi mate where are you getting this done? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i know having a van sprayed properly isn't cheap but you could buy another decent T4 for the price of those resprays I: if i spent that sort of money on paint i would be scared to use the van.

personally unless it was going to be a show vehicle i wouldn't spend that sort of money myself. *all my own opinion obviously *

good luck with whatever you decide T:

·
Registered
439 Posts
i have a friend who does resprays
and is very good at what he does
i will put a few pics on here of his work and if you want his number just pm me
his work is very good as the orange vw won best in show
he told me a respray would be about £1200 to £1700
depending on condition of van

1 - 12 of 12 Posts