VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I stuck the sensors on today as it's going to the bodyshop tomorrow, in the kit there is some stuff called adhesion primer, I noticed after I did the first one that it is some viscous stuff I would be gutted if the bumper wasn't getting sprayed afterwards! I put it on the back with a little paintbrush and left it to dry, and it comes right through the bumper and makes a bubble in the paint!
Picture here
back of bumper

next question, the sensors have a little spacer around them, don't know if it's some sort of fitting guide, spraying guide or what the instructions aren't clear they are either italian or mainly just pictures...
sensor with spacer fitted
sensor and spacer seperate
fitted with spacer
fitted without

I am going to guess, you are supposed to leave the spacer off & paint the sensor only, then when fitted it fills the gap up nicely and means if the colour match is slightly off you don't see it. could be wrong but thats what i'll be doing I think!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I've still not tried them out, I basically just did the wiring yesterday, and today got the bumper ready for painting, then when it goes into the bodyshop they just spray the bumper, fit the bumper and plug in the sensors and hopefully it should all work

21 - 23 of 23 Posts