VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm looking at intercooling my 2.5 TDi (1999).

Looking at various options because frankly can't afford the £250 for a secondhand VW one.

My plan was to remove the airbox and fit air induction, remove the foam liner and fit a grill for better airflow and then add an intercooler.

I've been looking at the Pajero / Shogun, Delica and also Honda Civic intercoolers

Anybody have any experience of doing this and what else I'll need as well as the intercooler rad itself?

Thanks Guys n Gals

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My plan was to remove the airbox and fit air induction, remove the foam liner and fit a grill for better airflow
This is a waste of money on a diesel. They are limited by fuelling not airflow. Fitting an induction kit will only alter the noise produced.

·
6,707 Posts
Put the induction kit money towards the intercooler. Absolutely no need for them the stock air box is more than ample.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Money towards intercooler it is !! T:

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a brand new intercooler for sale i was goin to put on my 88 but not bothering now, just stuck it on ebay this minute, originally bought off a guy on here for over 100 quid, check out ebay number 321228933965

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys, I'm going to run with the new decat exhaust for a few weeks then decide whether to go with the intercooler as well. I'll be going for a Mitsubishi one I think as the front mount, while better, looks like way too much hard work.

Thank you all for your assistance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts