VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something i have wanted, like many others, is to get the central locking switch sorted for obvious reasons. It's actually super simple.
i got a door loom from germany but the dashboard end of the loom had different connectors

No plug & play for me. Most images i've seen have the black and cream/mustard connector. i've got the red and black. anyways it makes no odds as the door part of the loom is very similar in both.
so i took my german loom apart to figure out how it's wired in

connector for the switch

switch connector to the control unit

Door card off. the red and blue wire goes to the control unit (green arrow), brown and black splices into the brown black in the loom (red arrow), grey and blue splices into the grey and blue in the loom (red arrow). just cut the tape open carefully and search for the corresponding wires. i crimped them together and taped it back up.

the blue and red wire goes into slot 5 using that special spade connector. slot numbers are under the connector and check the spade terminal orientation.

Put everything back together, job's a goodin'. it works with ignition on or off and the LED comes on when the lights are turned on. :D

you need the red connector part number 8E0973754b, 3-4 euro
some wire, vw will supply some, i used the loom.
the switch part number i have is 7E0962125A i paid 25 euro
that spade connector, don't know the part number, didn't have to buy one
i still need the switch housing for the door, will put up the part number. i will need to cut the door card bigger to fit this

if you have done the cruise control retrofit, this is a piece of p....

that's my contribution to the forum, many thatnks for previous help on here.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Nice one - I've been wondering whether its possible to do this on mine - its a pain in the if the doors are locked and someone wants to get in the passenger side!

Got a link to the loom?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
German ebay was where i found it. but the thing is it will cost less and be less work to do it the way i have outlined. a loom shipped is minimum 50E, the connector, wire, terminal will south of 10E. either way you still have to buy the switch and it's housing.

mine is a camper, i'm considering putting another switch in the back. i'm sure it could be spliced into the 3 wires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the housing part number is 7H5959550B
i used a solid knife to cut the door card slot bigger. it needs to be extended by 16-17mm

hope that helps someone, i very happy with it,

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all this information!
I would like to add a central door locking switch on my 2013 T5. What is the model/year of yours please ?
I saw on a similar post that another guy had to add a wire from the door to the BCM and weld the wire to it on specific pin ... seems a bit complicated
So do you need to access the BCM with your solution ? Or everything you did was located in the door ?
Thanks (sorry if the English is bad)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts