VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I bought a T5 panel van 2008 1.9 model. I am going to try and fit cruise control but people say you cannot do it without the electric windows because that means it has the right ECU for the job. Therefore...my question is...has anyone done it by changing it to a correct ECu and how problematic of a job is this?

I do roughly 20'000 miles a year so it's quite important!

Hope someone can help

Rich

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi mate no need to change ecu ,you might need to change the bcm under the steering wheel. I have done mine and activated in the ecu . If you give me the part number of you ecu I will look it up for you . Or just search it on the forum there is a lot of us. Who have done it .it takes about 2 hrs to fit if all goes well. Hope this helps ktm dazza

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Hey guys

I bought a T5 panel van 2008 1.9 model. I am going to try and fit cruise control but people say you cannot do it without the electric windows because that means it has the right ECU for the job. Therefore...my question is...has anyone done it by changing it to a correct ECu and how problematic of a job is this?

I do roughly 20'000 miles a year so it's quite important!

Hope someone can help

Rich
As said its the control module under the dash that according to VW requires changing but does bump the price up unless your lucky enough to find a second hand one!

Regards

Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where about under the steering wheel? To the left, right, or directly under? I don't want to start taking it all to bits...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi

The control unit is to the RIGHT of the steering Wheel and has loads of wires and plugs going to it .You can see it if you take the end panel of the dash with the door open .

ktm dazza

1 - 6 of 6 Posts