VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm another newbie to the forum although I have been doing some investigation on the forum before actually registering I:

After 10 years of not owning a VW (previously owned - 1 x Beetle, 2 x Variant, 2 x Mk I Golf GLS and 1 x Mk II Golf GTI) my wife agreed to us getting rid of the car and getting a T4. I'm over the moon A:

We've had the van 4 weeks and I've already lost untold hours sat on the internet looking stuff up and tinkering!

The van - it's an ex AA van 2.5tdi SWB, 110K, cam belt just changed, 1 owner since the AA. Another sunshine bus on the road!

I've already had all the AA wiring and lights removed, lowered it, boarded and carpeted the back (work done by MADWorkshop in Bristol) and had some 6 x 9s added as well as replacement Alpines in the front. Oh and changed the indicators on the front and added some wind deflectors to the windows. Just waiting for new carpets for the cab to be delivered and a loading bay mat for the back (new carpets arrived as I'm typing this!). I've fitted some top quality underlay in preparation for added insulation/sound proofing.

As soon as I can sort out this Photobucket thingy, I'll post some before and after pics.

Off to the parcel office to collect another parcel (!) ..... hopefully it's my gear stick extension and gear knob A:

Iain

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
welcome yiyan, sounds like your a busy bee with the bus already. look forward to some pics. T:
oh yeah and just out of curiosity, how did you come about your username. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a few friends who originate from West Wales and Iain somehow changed in Yiyan over the years.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Return to VW madness! (now with some pics)

Here are some pics ofthe van when I bought it .......

..... and this is how it looks as of today after fitting the new carpet and mat to the cab A:

Apologies if I've over done it with the photos. I'm just excited at what I have achieved and wanted to share I::)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome to the club, we are nuts about our vans, your in the right place :ILU:

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum, van looks tidy and shiny T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts