VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2001 1.9td and I'm having a bit bother with an erratic rev counter. Just flickers all over the shop at all revs, but gets worse the higher the revs. I haven't had chance yet to check it out yet and hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.
Thanks. T:

·
Registered
15 Posts
did u have any luck with your rev counter ive had same prob for years, i just get blank looks when ever i ask a mechanic about it,:confused:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and no :(
The fault is with the alternator. So far I've had four to try and fix it. One new one which was wrong, took it back and shelled out an extra £30 for the joy of a rev counter, two which were the right one but wouldn't work until the engine was revved to 2k and finally a second hand unit which turned up wrong and broken.
In the meantime I had put the old one back on and the rev counter is now working as it should but still having charging issues.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1.9td. Could be a bad connection with yours, but mine started when I started having charging problems. Or at least I think it did as it took me a few weeks to get chance to check it out. Best of luck with yours if you decide to tackle it. Does the 2.5 rev feed not come from the ecu like the 1.9tdi?

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks, you may be right about the ecu, with mine being a tdi, i will have to source a wireing diagram.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts