VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm just wondering what stereos people are running as an upgrade from the basic ones the panel vans come with, which would happily run as a monitor for a reverse camera?... with either Touch screen, iphone, ipod, DAB, Sat Nav, DVD, HD whatever... would be good to know the extra spec yours might have. I:

Would like to stick with Pioneer and it needs to be VAG so it fits the dashboard perfectly. The van is a 2010, but it's pre-facelift.

pictures would be a great. T:

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Hello all, I'm just wondering what stereos people are running as an upgrade from the basic ones the panel vans come with, which would happily run as a monitor for a reverse camera?... with either Touch screen, iphone, ipod, DAB, Sat Nav, DVD, HD whatever... would be good to know the extra spec yours might have. I:

Would like to stick with Pioneer and it needs to be VAG so it fits the dashboard perfectly. The van is a 2010, but it's pre-facelift.

pictures would be a great. T:
The choice by many at the moment is the Pioneer AVH-3500DAB, has all the feature except sat nav but if you have a iPhone 4 you can mirror it on the display, and the best bit, it's very good value at the moment,

Or the Kenwood DNX-4210DAB again all the features inc European Garmin sat nav

Bot will do reverse camera tooT:

·
previously known as: baggit
812 Posts
my van is a 2010 facelift and have just install he alpine 928 which is the the bigger brother of the 925 posted above, but without DAB, excellent bit of kit, sounds great and so far i am very impressed with everything on it, no complaints.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm also liking the sound of, and price of the Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB DAB... £299 at Halfords and if I can link the iPhone SatNav through the display then that would be a good option, as I could get the TomTom iPhone App.

Anyone running this set up:
Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB DAB
iPhone5 with TomTom App. :*

·
previously known as: baggit
812 Posts
i looked at the possiblity of doingsomething like this but obviosuly is dependant on phone reception and what happens if you get a new phone, how long will the company take to build the software for them to connect properly, concerned me a bit to be honest but might well be a great way to get a cheaper set up.

you dont hear people rave about them though do you?

·
Registered
320 Posts
no you don't, but it might be worth investigating a bit more.... SatNav on the iphone 5 is great and TomTom do an App so it must be something worth looking at.

Come on, anyone with this set up? :*
You need to be careful with satnav apps, as not all work with the headunits we are discussing. I've got the Kenwood too and have just bought the satnav optional extra (yet to fit it) which bumps the price up including bluetooth etc.

It's a corker though for the record, got an amp and sub in the back and I couldn't really ask for more (once I fit the satnav). H:

·
Registered
320 Posts
You need to be careful with satnav apps, as not all work with the headunits we are discussing. I've got the Kenwood too and have just bought the satnav optional extra (yet to fit it) which bumps the price up including bluetooth etc.

It's a corker though for the record, got an amp and sub in the back and I couldn't really ask for more (once I fit the satnav). H:
Should have said I've just bought a reverse camera to fit to the unit too. THEN I'll be happy. :)

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
The Navfree app works fine with the Pioneer AVH-3500DAB, and you do not need phone reception as its a full on nav app, regarding the iPhone 5 connection, Pioneer have developed the lead for thisT:

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Navfree app works fine with the Pioneer AVH-3500DAB, and you do not need phone reception as its a full on nav app, regarding the iPhone 5 connection, Pioneer have developed the lead for thisT:

Think this is the route I'm going to go down. £299 for the head unit and £69 for the TomTom Europe APP, sounds good to me. T:

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Hi All,

Can you add a reverse camera and parking sensors to these units: :*
You can add reverse cameras to these units, but if you are fitting parking sensors then these have there own bleeper, unless you have a T5 with factory fit sensors and install a Kenwood DNX521DAB, then you will get parking display come up on the radio..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts