VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My T5 has just started jumping out of reverse gear, it feels like it goes in reverse ok but when I release the clutch to go backwards it jumps out slightly and sounds like your trying to change gear without putting the clutch in. Can the clutch be adjusted? Or if anybody can give me some ideas what to look at? I did have a small oil leak from the gear box some time ago but soon sorted it out once I saw it. Any help appreciated. It's done 180,000 and had a new clutch fitted at vw about 70,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I am currently having the same thing happen with mine. Only happens now and again, but is embarrassing when it happens, I now always hold the lever in place by pushing it hard and crawl it in reverse. Btw, mine is a 56 plate and done 153k miles

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
First thing I'd check is gear cable adjustment. Have you checked the nut on the top of the selector lever on the gearbox? It can come loose. Next I'd be looking at selector shaft fairly easy to change after the other two are checked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi my T5 had a minor gear oil leak which I sorted but few weeks after it started jumping out of gear, took it to VW and they took gearbox out to change loads of parts. They said it was prob down to leak over time, lucky for me in was still just in warranty. I think over time you dont notice the wear till it starts jumping, its like new now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts