VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone can help. As I said in first gear my reverse light comes on and in third and strangely enough in reverse also. Anyone had same prob and can I fix it or do I need a trip to them expensive electrical places that charge the equiv to a weeks long stay in Cornwall to tell me they're not sure what the problem is ?:*

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone let me know where and how please........

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had a few beeps at the major round abouts thats for sure and funnily enough they are always the ones to tell me about the problem:) Best is the guy in a wetsuit waiting to cross whilst I'm at the pay and :Ddisplay. I'm thinking whats this guy doing hanging around my **** end not knowing that he's thinking (with his 8 foot board) is this :* moving or what

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But where do I find the switch ???????????????????????

·
Registered
66 Posts
the switch is on top of the gearbox. open the bonnet, stand in front of the van, on the right hand side, as you face the van, slightly to the right and under the radiator overflow bottle and just forward of the gear selector rods you will see the switch. it has a plug with a couple of wires coming out of it. carefully remove the plug by squeezing the little metal clips as you pull the plug off. find a spanner, about 21 mm from memory, and remove the switch. now to check that it is working you can plug the wire back in and see if your rev light comes on when you press the little round plunger on the switch. if all good then i would say all you need to do is, like i did, find a couple of thin washers of a rubber o-ring or maybe both to pack the switch out a little bit. my rev light was coming on in fifth gear as well as reverse and this cured it for me. you could check that yours is only coming on in third, or more gears? also if you want to find out part numbers or even where things are and how they should be fitted the website www.vagcat.com is excellent. you will need to register before you can see the pictures, it is free and easy, then just look up your particular vehicle. easy peasy. good luck

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you man, wiil try in the morningA:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts