VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been through the forum many time and discovered assorts about this wire but never the exact one just its green & black
but theres more than one green and black

Which is it out of these two:

MOSTLY green with a THIN black stripe

or

MOSTLY black with a THIN green stripe

Here's a link to my video of the cables running across the van up above that I'm trying to use.
Sorry for the bad picture I was using my phone to record, but near the end of the video you see me pinching both cables next to each other.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/naql5mutbahr8sd/yuSFUwbAW6
:ILU:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
When quoting wire colours there is a protocol.
For two coloured wires you always quote the predominant colour first, followed by the tracer colour.

The wires for the reversing filaments at the rear are both GREEN/BLACK, i.e. the main colour is GREEN & the tracer colour is BLACK.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
When quoting wire colours there is a protocol.
For two coloured wires you always quote the predominant colour first, followed by the tracer colour.

The wires for the reversing filaments at the rear are both GREEN/BLACK, i.e. the main colour is GREEN & the tracer colour is BLACK.
....... not to be confused with BLACK/GREEN, which is the rear, right indicator !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Cat3 T:
I never knew there was a protocol, well as you can tell I'm learning as I go along and I've now learned something new :)
Thank you very much
monkey
:ILU:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts