VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all saw a few threads sort of on this, i have a T5 2009 Kombi, i have installed a kenwood stereo, and reverse camera. To start with threading the camera cable to the front was a pain. Then find out the reverse camera sensor wire is at the stereo in the dash not on the camera in the back like most,which would have been a lot easier. So i need to find the switch wire for reverse lights in the dash somewhere easy hopefully, tried the fuse under the bonnet number 15 10amp, on one side it stays on rather than activate with the lights, but if i remove the fuse the reverse lights go out ? So can someone help me find the wire i need please with lots of pictures on how to get to it, e.g what panels to remove if any. I have a massive headache on this please please help

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Hi all saw a few threads sort of on this, i have a T5 2009 Kombi, i have installed a kenwood stereo, and reverse camera. To start with threading the camera cable to the front was a pain. Then find out the reverse camera sensor wire is at the stereo in the dash not on the camera in the back like most,which would have been a lot easier. So i need to find the switch wire for reverse lights in the dash somewhere easy hopefully, tried the fuse under the bonnet number 15 10amp, on one side it stays on rather than activate with the lights, but if i remove the fuse the reverse lights go out ? So can someone help me find the wire i need please with lots of pictures on how to get to it, e.g what panels to remove if any. I have a massive headache on this please please help
All headunits have the reverse feed, this tells it to flip when reverse is selected

The best way to wire this up, is run the camera all the way down and when you get to around the passenger pillar pick up the green/black and run a separate cable from this to the headunit, connect the cameras red and black wire to the headunits black and red, and the wire from the green/black to the headunits reverse feed,

This will give you image when you select reverse and a image when you are driving like a rear view mirror when you select camera in the menu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts