VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,957 Posts
I should add;

I'm not going to mount the camera IN the hole for the wiper, but probably buy a "trailer" type number plate light to house it in, and use the hole to run the cables into the tailgate. (Some day.....maybe done for my NEXT birthday :confused: )

So-called "Wireless".....:*LOL::*

@mudy0fx;
"Fitted a reverse camera years ago... Never used it... Do u really need one?"

Wish I'd had one 4 years ago when in Brighton!
Reversing out of a tight parking spot at a hotel. (Parked in it, but couldn't open either door.....so decided to try somewhere else.)
Could see clear behind with the door mirrors, but NOT see the handrail for the disabled ramp I reversed into! (Saw one side rail, but not the other.....this is why the wife bought me the cam.....)
Van was FULL of stuff for our return trip from UK to Norway.
Big "bonk" in the tailgate.
Door lock had also dropped it's actuating lever.....so couldn't be oped from outside.....inside was full to almost roof level.
Customs people just shook their heads and looked in the slider, said "lksfx huja edh oaeoh" and let us through. T:
About £1600 to get a 2nd hand tailgate and painted in Norway :eek:

So....one day, I have to fit this to keep SWMBO happy.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,045 Posts
I should add;

I'm not going to mount the camera IN the hole for the wiper, but probably buy a "trailer" type number plate light to house it in, and use the hole to run the cables into the tailgate. (Some day.....maybe done for my NEXT birthday :confused: )

So-called "Wireless".....:*LOL::*
The Garmin comes with a very neat little mount that fitted onto the Number Plate Surround I have on my van. And I ran the cable through a little hole I made in one of the number plate Lights.

Garmin Reversing Camera
by David, on Flickr
I find it an ideal location and no additional holes were drilled in the door for it T:
(being off-set doesn't matter either as you can adjust the left and right guidelines over to compensate for that if you wanted to so you end up with a true side to side representation).

(I have a second Garmin Camera for general rear-view but not sure yet just where I will mount that :confused:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just read the posts and just wanted to say i have had no issues using with my reverse camera a Garmin wireless sat nav combo......... camera wired to solar panel controller output switch in cupboard in habitation area and rear the viewing area is good. However i do agree it was a bit pricey.

The Camera has been a absolute bonus and worth the money, pre-camera day's a range rover parked 3 foot of my back bumper and i was unable to see it in the wing mirrors, another time a youth left his bike behind the camper luckily i always have a little walk around the back before getting in, even now with camera fitted.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts