VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
got my camera mounted in the false fog light, mine is a cylindrical type drilled 25mm hole in the lense job done.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What sort of image does that give you?
How much of the other side can you see?
I was wondering if It would be better to fit 2 cameras, one in each foglight (getting a blank on for the other one) & fitting a separate foglight somewhere else?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Got mine in my Vw badge with barn door and a rear view mirror monitor came from autoleads ,very good quality cost over £300 but was worth it

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update.
Finally fitted my reversing camera. Got it from www.parkingcameras.com.
It took four & a half hours to do.
Fitted the camera underneath the bumper, ran the wires up the d-pillar & along the roof lining, then down the passenger a-pillar. The screen is a clip on jobbie over the windscreen mirror. (see my mirror stub thread for the problems that created)
After all is said & done, a worthwhile thing to fit. Just got to get used to the view. It's abit low down.
I will try & post some pics tomorrow.T:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Update.
Finally fitted my reversing camera. Got it from www.parkingcameras.com.
It took four & a half hours to do.
Fitted the camera underneath the bumper, ran the wires up the d-pillar & along the roof lining, then down the passenger a-pillar. The screen is a clip on jobbie over the windscreen mirror. (see my mirror stub thread for the problems that created)
After all is said & done, a worthwhile thing to fit. Just got to get used to the view. It's abit low down.
I will try & post some pics tomorrow.T:
Will be interesting to see what you have done - this is one of the next mods to do on my van as soon as cash allows and thanks to you I have found the place to get what I need now. Which camera\monitor combination did you go for in the end?

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
248 Posts
That is similar to the one I was looking at. The only difference between the two that I can see is that this one comes without the bracket to mount it to the underneath the bumper or where ever - you drill a hole in the bumper to mount it instead.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's some pics:
Camera:

Monitor:

Tried it in the dark. It works well, the only thing is, because it is mounted low, headlights overwhelm it. So you get large white spots with headlights.
The sun makes it completely white out.
When there is no headlights, at night I can see very well with it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts