VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new on here and looking for advice I have bought a reversing camera kit which I want to fit myself ... I can understand the instructions but don't know how to remove the tailgate liner on my 2014 Caravelle as I have a number plate camera that will need wire to be fed through ... Any advice would be much appreciated thks Ruth ?

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Hi I'm new on here and looking for advice I have bought a reversing camera kit which I want to fit myself ... I can understand the instructions but don't know how to remove the tailgate liner on my 2014 Caravelle as I have a number plate camera that will need wire to be fed through ... Any advice would be much appreciated thks Ruth ?
They are quite tricky to remove especially as it's new and never been off before, they have very strong metal clips, you will need to start removing any screws and handles, then start removing from the bottom upwards, be careful with the plastic child lock cover at the bottom of the door too.... Take your time

·
Registered
544 Posts
Personally with a motor worth 40k plus I would get a professional to do the job.

If getting the door panel off is a worry ? Try routing the cable past all the air con vents in the roof.

Honest advice from a fellow Velle owner :ILU:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts