VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I recently fitted a Reversing Camera which replaces the numberplate light in my Barn Door. I havent been happy with the view that it gives as the image points too much to the ground. Also, now that the VW have blasted it with a pressure washer the image looks like the camera is underwater. I want to replace the camera for a better one and possibly a better location. Have any of you guys used any different types?

I really need to try and keep it on the numberplate side as thats where all of the wires have been chased to...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm looking at the same thing, had a quick look, thought the small round camera could fit on the black plastic part of the barn door, next to where the handle is, there's room, it would be a flush fit, and you wouldn't really see it. I thought I did see a post on a similar thing someone did, that's where my idea come from.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I fitter one of these RVM-740 Clip over mirror display system with a NPC-1 Camera from Vision UK Ltd
Excellent I have fitted a second camera to the off side for driving on the continent to see what's there when the wife's asleep and a limited view through the Barn Doors

NPC = Number plate Camera

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
These are what I fit
The number plate cameras are the most popular by far
IP67/68 which is highest they make but a steam washer will kill anything
Extra long cable
Easy to fit and reliable if fitted correctly
12 months UK guarantee. They are my own Brand Swiss

Number Plate Cameras For Sale

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Linesy, what sort of view does this give? Thinking that if i fitted one of these into the face of the door handle at the back it would be better?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Linesy, what sort of view does this give? Thinking that if i fitted one of these into the face of the door handle at the back it would be better?
A Perfect rear view linked to rear view monitor and with parking sensors fitted works perfect!T:

·
Registered
640 Posts
my reverse camera is in the numberplate housing off ebay, its not everybodys cup of tee, but works for me, its clear, ajustable, has guidelines but due to be fitted off set ( barn doors) not sure if theyed be right ? anyway my camera points down to the floor to see my bumper as when my reverse sensor goes solid beep i still heve around 18"s behind my van, so now i can go within 1" when reverseparking, getting me into smaller gaps A:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've fitted mine under the barn door spoiler, cut a small v notch in the high level brake light for the wiring and stuck it on with trim tape.
Good view looking down and the camera is sheltered by the spoiler.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Swiss, Maybe this would work if i can get it to fit as near to the centre of the doors as possible on the grab handle?

http://www.swissvantek.com/product_info.php/pioneer-bc6-p-136

I am tying to keep it to this door as i don't really want to drill out for fitting it in the badge.
Yes it would work perfectly
Many of the ones we fit are mounted to the Spoiler or lower as you say
The own brand in fairness is a better picture !

http://www.swissvantek.com/product_info.php/svt-reversing-camera-610-p-137

·
Registered
79 Posts
bought from the bay 30 quid job done!

Hi Cartech

I'm finally collecting my T5 this Friday. So I'm really keen on finding out which reversing camera you bought from Ebay. I can't seen to find an identical 1 to yours.

Can you help with the link to ebay please.

Regards

Fluff007

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys sorry to jump on this thread but I'm about to fit my number plate camera to my T5 but not sure where to take the power feed from?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Hi guys sorry to jump on this thread but I'm about to fit my number plate camera to my T5 but not sure where to take the power feed from?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
2 ways-

You can just connect the red and black from the camera to green/black and brown at the back light and run another cable from the green/black to the Headunit, this wire flips the screen when reverse is selected

Or

Run the red/black from the camera all the way to the fron and connect it to the red and black of the radio, and again pick up the green/black wire, anywhere from the back to the passenger pillar (again flips screen) doing it this way allows you to view behind you whilst driving if you have this feature on the headunit

1 - 20 of 25 Posts