VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been covered before but I'm struggling to find a recent thread with links still in date.

I am after a reversing camera screen that is also a really decent rear view mirror. anyone fitted a good one? Links if possible so I know I'm looking at the right thing T:

TIA

·
Registered
694 Posts
Interesting, I'll be following this too. I installed a reversing camera in our T5 with one of those monitors that clips over the mirror and has a reflective surface that works as a mirror when the camera is off. The screen is great as a monitor, but the reflective surface isn't anywhere near as effective as a real mirror.

It has got to the stage with our current van where I am now looking at whether it would be practical to have a normal mirror with a rear view monitor mounted underneath or attached to the side of it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
...I've got one that I used to have fitted to the rear view mirror in a previous van....
It has TWO inputs for TWO cameras.
It comes on with the ignition and uses one camera for the rear view as a mirror would and when you select reverse it automatically selects the other camera which was a downward facing, wide view camera T:

Sat in my garage at the mo as I don't know if I'm going to use it on this van :*

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have one like Oily's. - clip on mirror and two video inputs.
I had it in my old mazda MPV, and ripped it out of there and just last weekend fitted it to my T5 Caravelle.
It works great, but I don't use the 'always on' video input as the Caravelle has a very clear rear window.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys. I had thought about one that you can leave on all the time. Would ideally like one that can be a mirror too though. Although not sure how clear the rear windows will be once the upholstery is on the bed. Anyone use a screen that is also a decent mirror?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts