VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've purchased some reversing sensors to fit in the bumper, they need a permanent live feed. Just wondering if anyone knows the easiest and best place to pick this up? Barns doors. cheers

·
Registered
898 Posts
Just take the feed of your reverse light cluster on the o/s rear light.Earth to chasis.
Make sure you put them as high up on the bumper as possible or it they will pick the floor up when reversingT:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Managed to find the green/black, now the hard bit of getting the wires neatly up from the bumper inside the bulkhead somehow, does anyone know the best route for cables? I've found a small grommet on the outside, does this link up to the inside somehow? Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
if you are connecting to the rear, you can pick up the loom just inside the rear panel.

remove the fibre panel with the holes in and all will be revealed, there is even a couple of earthing points ready to go with nuts on.

i connected into the loom with a soldered connection as not keen on scotchlocks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, haven't seen the fibre panel as all boarded out, I'll be getting the screws off in the morning and getting the T5 bumper off if not. cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts