VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got one, now got to get on with making it a camper, mrs roo says it's called MAISIE.....
it's a 2012 with air/electrics 57k miles
gonna be asking questions galore as well as hunting on here for ready available info, decided to go lowest miles newest as i could for my budget and worry about the conversion after so at least i knew how it was done and i could get it how i wanted from the start instead of adapting someone elses.
Pick up 19/9
it's having full service, cambelt, mot, 2 new tyres and a towbar fitted before i fetch it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Re: rickyrooo1's T5.1 masie (blame the mrs)

Spot on, great choice and just the way we decided to go, just remember you have a great van to start, so the bits and pieces your adding to a van thats already sought after, no good spending on someone else's ideas and trouble.

Get some picks up when you can, 19th not too far away :DT:

·
Registered
93 Posts

Enjoy the journey matey. Everyday felt like xmas when we did ours and I ended up on first name terms with loads of different couriers as they delivered those brown boxes with all the lovely goodies inside !!!A:A: T:T:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

decided to go lowest miles newest as i could for my budget and worry about the conversion after so at least i knew how it was done and i could get it how i wanted from the start instead of adapting someone elses.
Very sensible.

T:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well done neighbour, glad you found one so quick (with Aircon):D........keep us all posted as you progress!A:A:
cheers matey would appreciate a meet up so you can cast your eye on it while i have warranty if you'd be up for that?

·
Registered
92 Posts

I have this trim,can't remember the the name but got the same cloth on my bed from Camper king in Warwick. ;)

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

picked the van up today, ran lovely on the 130 mile trip back at speeds 80-100 mph on the m6 was awesome to be in a van that drives like a car and not like a truck, the garage did a couple of extras on it from what we agreed, it's had new rear brake pads and instead of 2 new tyres they did 3 so the spare is brand new too, it's been earning it's stripes already as i fetched 8 bags of sand 2 cement and 4 gravel, i'm having to widen the drive to get it on with the car as well.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Go take to its first show tomorrow.....V Dubs in the valley Bridgnorth!T:
Ha! It's a plain white van mate, no shows for a long time yet *the shame* anyway, gotta finish my drive, it's sat on the road all night and I ain't slept worrying.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts