VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a short wheelbase and I am after a pop top with a bed in it, I have seen some of the prices :eek: I don't want to be paying £2500+ for one because ....... basically I can't afford it.
at the other end of the scale I am not fussed about the old fashioned looking ones that opens up sideways like the old devon splitties and bays.
can anyone recommend somewhere middle of the road that is half decent has a bed inside and doesn't cost the earth. also rough prices for the short wheelbase version fitted.

·
Registered
518 Posts
we do oneT: swb fitted and colour coded with a bed for £2100 all in, our website is daystar campers and we are located in Derbyshire :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
we make our own roof T:

before I got into campers i bought a t5 with a uk pop top roof and it blistered up everywhere, I had a nightmare with bill at uk pop tops but the people I bought the van off where very helpful and I ended up with a new roof

he came up with loads of excuses not to replace the roof ,not sure what your problem is with your roof but he should warrant his 5 year garentee

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mate you only get one chance when cutting a big hole in the roof of your van .Do your research and make sure you choose the right one T:

·
Registered
518 Posts
bill is a nightmare to be honest

I went direct to him when the company who fitted his roof tried to get a replacement and struggled, my roof had large blisters appear and was a right mess, I contacted bill to explain the problem and he put it down to whoever prepped and painted my roof:eek:

I then explained to him that infact I had prepped and painted my roof and I own my own bodyshop and been painting for 20 years:D I told him exacly what the problem was (gel coat lifting from the fibreglass) and in the end he had to back down and supply and pay for a new roof to be fitted T:

its not your fault the roof has bowed I know one person that has had to have 3 new roofs (2 of bills then he gave up and went for a different one) keep on at him don't let it drop and he will give in that's what I did:)

·
Administrator
5,482 Posts
I'm going to be getting mine done by westdubs. I gave them a call and spoke with Stuart, really helpful guy and talked me through everything. I currently have a Saxo sunroof fitted and explained to him that I wanted it removed, he said not a problem and they would use the metal being cut up to infil where the sunroof was for no extra charge T:. He had quoted me £1000. Doesn't come with bed boards but I'm sure they are not hard to make.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
I'm going to be getting mine done by westdubs. Doesn't come with bed boards but I'm sure they are not hard to make.
Not hard to do, I did all the finishing myself...photos in 'profile'...T:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Had a pop top fitted by vamoose in sheffield on monday Si & Steve are good lads nothing to much trouble ,I arrived at 8 o'clock and was leaving at 3.00pm. Picks to follow T:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts