VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

rim protectors - anti kerb. look decent!

5K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Amnesia180 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Alloygaters are the dogs danglies!

I know lots of people who use them on their Zeds. Will be getting some for mine when they are refurb'd.
And some for the van as well, once they have been done.

Seen them in the flesh and they are SUPER stealth if you get the right colour.
T:

#7 ·
I see it like his;If it could possibly save me from kerbing a wheel (NO, i dont do that intentionally YOYO...)
& does not upset the overall design look than it if fne by me. Sure, a Stealth look would be ideal. I`d recon having them in a clear color would be fine as wel, especially on a silver coloured rim:)
Or tie it into a color themeT:

#9 ·
i pride myself on my amazing parking skills, but in my 9 driving years, i have heard that crunch once, and it made me feel physically sick, i will invest in some of these on payday because i never wanna feel that again!!!! but what colour shall i go for???!!! tempted to go blue and buy some blue vw centre caps to match, or silver to expand my wheel size?!!! or just to go random?!!!! Thanks for posting this, never heard of them and now i'm excited that i wont be in a position to scrape them anymore!!! i just hope i dont hit them and get rubber peel everywhere!!!! :ILU:

#22 ·
I saw a van the other day and he had made his own out of his old tyres so they were free what he had done was when he had his new tyres he asked the tyre fitter to cut the old tyre of and leave about a 1" of the old tyre and leave that on and fit the new tyres over them like the banger racing guys do . then he trimd them down a bit and what he was left with was a bit of the old tyre just lipping over the edge of his alloys about 10mm . if this makes sense

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.