VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Would you want an air-ride system on your van????

• Total voters
581 - 600 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #581
Gaz I took my sidebars off and was thinking side skirts or just leaving looks a lot better

Dub-nation is taking it to the next level where's me grinder I:
Agreed. Stock look does have a certain air about it. Should I get some decals made up for the sides though?! Hmmmmmmm.

Bare in mind that there isn't any speed bumps or naff roads like Britain over the pond...... If I had another project van than yes, I'd have a proper cut and shut go at the same level of drop as our yank counterpart.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
Well If Jonathan does it, you don't have any worries. I'm sure he'd negotiate a good price anyway buddy.

Funny thing is, I've spotted some companies advertising a full install on an air system but they don't have any footage of anything to show. They also go on about companies being naff and not giving any details to potential clients, yet they have nothing themselves..... Very odd indeed.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
yeah I was havin a quick chat with Jonathan about it at the beginning of the year when he was sortin me shocks out, but obviously he couldn't really say too much about it.
this was the actual thread that got me on the t4 forum and its good to see the systems up and running T: A: :cool:
best get saving me pennies

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well If Jonathan does it, you don't have any worries. I'm sure he'd negotiate a good price anyway buddy.

Funny thing is, I've spotted some companies advertising a full install on an air system but they don't have any footage of anything to show. They also go on about companies being naff and not giving any details to potential clients, yet they have nothing themselves..... Very odd indeed.
I noticed this on a website but nothing to show strange

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #587
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they bought a kit off of Jonathan to then imitate and sell themselves. One to watch out for.

·
Registered
359 Posts
that's not a bad price at all for the kit, fitting it is prob the worst part of it T:
Just to clarify the prices for the full packages aren't up yet, so the calculator is just pricing up the management system at the moment without the front and rear kits. Sorry, hopefully getting to that shortly.

Fitting shouldn't be too terrible though it's no problem if you wanted to do some of it yourself. Paul fitted the tank and made room for the compressor to simply bolt in which saved a fair bit on the install.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Have I missed something on the site? Seems to approx £1100 for the kit. I was expecting far more than that.

Do you think the misses will hold off on the IVF so I can get this?

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Just to clarify the prices for the full packages aren't up yet, so the calculator is just pricing up the management system at the moment without the front and rear kits. Sorry, hopefully getting to that shortly.

Fitting shouldn't be too terrible though it's no problem if you wanted to do some of it yourself. Paul fitted the tank and made room for the compressor to simply bolt in which saved a fair bit on the install.
ahh yes I did think that with there being no air spring option, still looking a good price tho Jonathan T:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
seen you up fod at weekend not The van though.how did you get on in the race
I didn't race that one mate. Just went up for a catch up with the lads. That track is a fun one but not a DH track. Off racing the BDS this weekend though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Fitting is a doddle under the van. Ive recently fitted a 2.5 gallon and tank and compressor under my van. Plenty of room! The trick i found was to plate every thing up then stick it to the struts. Ill try and get some photos

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry for my English translates machine
the essence of the question that is the raising and lowering of the car is performed using standard of torsion or redesigned front suspension
and is it possible to put Your development on T4 мультивен not interfere with the more stove

·
Registered
7 Posts
the essence of the question that is the raising and lowering of the car is performed using standard of torsion or redesigned front suspension
and is it possible to put Your development on T4 мультивен not interfere with the more stove
this is all I wanted to ask Gazmataz
sorry did not work the first time

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
this is all I wanted to ask Gazmataz
sorry did not work the first time
It is a totally independent system that doesn't have an attachment or modification of the current system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You want to say that for the
£542.00 exc.VAT
£650.40 inc.VAT you change the factory default the upper and lower the front axle on the levers of his own design as possible and stretcher
did I understand You correctly Gazmataz
If possible clarify with respect
home1957

·
Registered
7 Posts
I with pleasure would have bought the kit into your car wv t4 rear spring I replaced long ago
a kit to the front of nowhere I can find and viewed me rework on the air cushion design of torsion front suspensions other brands auto suggest serious
change the factory design of the front suspensions and sometimes the design of the car
Mileage of my car about 500,000 km and radically change their good design auto
there's no desire

581 - 600 of 638 Posts