VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Would you want an air-ride system on your van????

• Total voters
601 - 620 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
Drop Jonathan an email and ask for further details. It's his design and company home1957. He'll happily address any questions for you.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I forgot all about your very high precision machined shock mounts Gaz, pointlessly high precision but there we are :D Van's looking great, Nick's work is absolutely fantastic, just wish he was closer to me.

Paul I'm all ears mate, anything else you fancy trying out or need a hand with just let me know, and I've not forgotten the obvious bits you're waiting for T:

Dub-Nation, sorry just spotted your post after replying to your PM. That's some serious work you've got going on there! I'm just going to send you another one now I know you're not afraid of a bit of modification :)
iam a mechanic should it be that difficult for me to fit? cheers

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
Well if you think your of the ability then I can't say its that hard. If you do something wrong however, it's your fault and thus, you spend more money sorting it.

Johathan is a busy man and not on here as often as he'd like. His reputation. Keeps him very busy. Give him a call if you have any questions.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
Gazmataz if you can dump the link nobody answers

Why would I do that?! This is a diary for everyone to read as and when thy want to. If you need an answer about the technical aspect, pick up your phone and give him a call.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there..love the build pages..bean slowly looking at them..
Just wonted to see haw low the front goes..and wether you can make this kit..iv got my head around the back set up but not the front..any help would be class and sum pics of the front set up.. Many thanks fran

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
Well I'm running on 16's so that gives a different stance to a larger wheel. I've also got sidebars on the van now so, when it's dumped to the ground, the bars are around an inch from the floor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice..got sum 16s that im gunna get banded..I an looking to get the kit from airlift..am I rite in saying you made it possible..or am I just ass licking.i need a normal size van hight to drive to work and stuff and then when in parked up just deck it...any way..thanks for getting back to me..more info on the airlift kit would be great like fitting time and stuff would be great..

Many thanks Fran

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #610
Nice..got sum 16s that im gunna get banded..I an looking to get the kit from airlift..am I rite in saying you made it possible..or am I just ass licking.i need a normal size van hight to drive to work and stuff and then when in parked up just deck it...any way..thanks for getting back to me..more info on the airlift kit would be great like fitting time and stuff would be great..

Many thanks Fran
Drop Jonathan at airlift.co.uk a line as he's the technical whiz kid for all of this. My van was the prototype but he's the brain behind it all. He took on the challenge when people said it wasn't possible due to the torsion bar system up front. I run mine at about 45-50% when transiting between places then drop it down when I feel like it so the effect and practicality is all there.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
Are we still talking £2200 for the kit?..does this include fitting? cheers.
nxt yrs wish listI:
This all depends on what set up you want mate. Do you want the full digital set up or are you thinking of an analogue control system?
I'm sure if you email/call Jonathan he'll give you a break down of the costings.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #614
How would this kit work on a t4 coachbuilt? Not sure if a missed it but what kinda cost is fitting?

Cheers
Again, as above, cost will depends on exactly what you want. For the coach build, I think the mechanics of it shouldn't be a problem but the overall weight would have to be checked on load ratings. I personally think that still won't be an issue either but Jonathan is the man who'll confirm it all for you buddy.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #616
Well give Jonathan a call buddy. He'll talk you through all your options for a full kit

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sorry I rarely get time to come on the forum now that show season's kicked off!

Just to clarify, the prices listed on the website are for the complete kit supplied as parts, but just to make matters confusing the front kit isn't available as a DIY fitment at the moment, the reason being that every van is slightly different and certain types of wheels cause clearance issues. Because of that it's best to email me with your wheel size and I can go over the various options.

But the rest of it is a reasonably straight forward DIY install which can save a fair bit of money on the installation costs. We can also supply the rear kit only, I know a lot of people have asked about doing that and it's not a problem to do so.

Sorry to those who've not heard back from me or can't get through, we've got a fairly long waiting list at the moment so I'm generally flat out in the workshop at all hours, but I am working through the emails as often as I can :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Really keen on getting air fitted, but a question for those that actually have it done, how much is the ride improved by running air even when running low? thanks in advance T:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #620
Really keen on getting air fitted, but a question for those that actually have it done, how much is the ride improved by running air even when running low? thanks in advance T:
It has improved the ride but in the grander scheme of things, it's still a van with torsion bars for suspension. I don't run mine too low as the roads around my neck of the woods are absolutely awful. I do prefer having the system over anything else on the van.

601 - 620 of 638 Posts