VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2013 63 plate T28 that came with 310 radio and bluetooth factory fitted.
I have just retro fitted a new RNS 510 DAB F (2015 model, HW27, SW6270).
All working fine (in fact great!) other than the Voice control. The existing mic is still working fine for phone calls through bluetooth.
The problem I have is that the mic does not work for voice control, she keeps saying "pardon!".
I understand from other internet resources that this is to be expected as the mic is not connected to the 510 unit directly.

My questions are:
1/ Will the option of cutting the mic lead to bypass through the 510 unit work?. So my existing mic will go to pins 1 and 7 on the 510. And pins 4 and 9 go to the bluetooth unit ??

2/ Where is the blutooth module located? Behind the glovebox? Can't seem to see it under the seat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have retro fitted items like this before, so sure I'm capable, it's just having some sound advice.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
.... And I am told from the supplier I bought it off, that it has been coded for Voice control.

must be someone out there who knows about how to activate Voice control??

Cheers

·
Registered
544 Posts
My Dad has quite a strong geordie accent.

The Command system in his Mercedes cannot understand him, do you have a strong accent ??

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a strong accent! Lol

I can't believe no one has an answer on this?

Mic is working with bluetooth, and not the rns510. Can I take the mic wire to the 510, then add another wire from the 510 (mic out) to the bluetooth?

Anyone replacing a 310 with a 510 must face this common problem??!

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the 310 in my van ,I the fitted a vw blue tooth kit and Mic ,but the Mic wouldn't work even after been coded .I had to swop Mic wire's round or connect out of the block .because the 310 dosnt have voice options. so when I fitted the 510 I had to put the Mic wire's back in the original place and it worked .I think you Mic will need pins moving into different positions in the block .if you trace Mic wire's into the connectors and see if there are any corresponding pins in the same place .Hope this helps ,I must have Googled this to find what wire's did what .I think the problem will be the Bluetooth connector ,I would look at that first

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For anyone reading this having the same problem I can confirm the detail in my first post on this tread works fine. Connect the existing mic to the 510 then onto the bluetooth module

1 - 6 of 6 Posts