VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mistakenly took the fuse out for the head unit whilst it was in and now it request the code ! Does any one know how to obtain the code. Thanks - on my 2nd T 5 and loving it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RNS 310 head unit code

I mistakenly took the fuse out for the head unit whilst it was in and now it request the code ! Does any one know how to obtain the code. Thanks - on my 2nd T 5 and loving it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If the radio is original to the van, then it will have had a little chat with the canbus and told it the code, the van will recognise the radio after a certain time and hence nor need for the code. I can't recall if you have to leave the radio on, or leave the ignition and the radio on, or just the ignition. Hopefully someone will confirm. It certainly works though as I don't have the code and have disconnected mine a number of times. So long as it's the original radio.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,766 Posts
Re: RNS 310 head unit code

Is this the original headunit, fitted from the factory? If not, when did it get fitted?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: RNS 310 head unit code

Thanks for your reply. i tried it this morning and it just work !! So i switched it on and off a few times and its fine. It is the original unit , cant believe how lucky i've been.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts