VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

just recently bought a converted T5, we have a couple of dogs and want to have them sleep towards the front of the van, it has a double seat rock and roll bed but i was wondering if there is an extension to take it all the way upto the front passenger seats?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do you want your dogs to sleep on your bed. Our Labrador fits snugly in the space between the R&R bed and the front seats in our SWB 5.1. There is still enough space underneath for a small dog.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Well, I’ve got two lurchers, one a small whippet cross hairy thing, whose favourite place to sleep is the front passenger footwell (suits me), and a bigger greyhound based courser that sleeps on the floor part under, and part not under, the R&R bed. Both of them have beds. But even the bigger one likes to curl up small to sleep.

Van is converted T5.1 SWB, with a pop top, btw. In hot weather, we can sleep on the roof platform, and leave the mutts ‘downstairs’.

Personally, I wouldn’t want either of them in my bed, on the same level as me, or whatever. But they sleep well enough... better than at home, in fact.

That bit of kit pictured looks nice... but it might just turn into yet another thing that gets thrown outside, in an awning, if you have one, and takes up space.

If you haven’t got an awning, get one immediately. Vans are too small for two adults and two idiot hounds to camp in comfortably, IMO :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts